Think Outside the Bottle Regional Student Organizer Internship
For more than six years, Corporate Accountability International’s Think Outside the Bottle campaign has been building support for our public water systems and challenging the social and environmental impacts of bottled water. Students are playing a critical role to advance this work on hundreds of college campuses by running campaigns to urge their administrations to end the sale of bottled water on campus and provide more access to tap water for students.
In this skills-building remote internship program, experienced student activists take on significant campaign work to advance Think Outside the Bottle by building a team of activists on their campus to eliminate bottled water while simultaneously working with other student leaders on college campuses across the country. The internship will include direct supervision from National Campaign Organizer staff remotely from Boston and skills trainings on grassroots campaign planning, strategy, tactics, student outreach and advocacy. For student leaders with campaign experience, this is a great way to support new student activists, increase your impact nationally, and hone organizing skills.
- Build a team of activists on your campus to urge your administration to end the sale of bottled water;
- Train and manage 3-5 other student leaders in your region to plan and execute Think Outside the Bottle campaigns on their campuses;
- Track progress and provide support as needed to student leaders to advance Think Outside the Bottle on their campuses;
- Organize and participate in national campaign actions;
- Recruit other student leaders to participate in national campaign actions;
- Attend student organizing conferences like Powershift with staff and other Regional Student Organizers;
- Develop and manage campaign materials to support actions.
- Proven leadership experience;
- Ability to build a team of activists to advance a grassroots campaign;
- Commitment to corporate accountability and/or progressive social change;
- At least one year campus campaign experience on Think Outside the Bottle or other grassroots campaign;
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills, particularly e-mail and phone skills;
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, professional demeanor and the ability to juggle several tasks while meeting deadlines.
Location: Your college campus with supervision from campaign headquarters in Boston, MA
Duration: Full academic year
Hours: 10-15 hours/week
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship
Training: Classroom sessions and ongoing trainings will be provided by senior campaign staff.
Send a letter of interest, three references, and your résumé addressed to Lauren DeRusha, National Campaign Organizer on Think Outside the Bottle at email@example.com.
Corporate Accountability International is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive organization. People of color, women, and GLBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.