Communications and Media Intern
The Communications and Media Internship is a skills-building internship in which interns will take on significant projects to advance Corporate Accountability International’s mission, including the Think Outside the Bottle and Public Water Works! campaigns to challenge corporate control of water, the Value [the] Meal campaign to challenge corporate abuse of our food, and the campaign to Challenge Big Tobacco. The projects will be coupled with training sessions on action planning, campaign research, media outreach, fundraising and many other topics.
- Maintain a list and outreach to identified bloggers covering issues related to Corporate Accountability International campaigns;
- Work with communications staff to develop organizational publications including development materials and campaign-related publications;
- Monitor, track and package ongoing media coverage;
- Assist in building organizational capacity to engage key reporters;
- Proofread materials ready for production;
- Write headlines and captions for the organizational newsletter, annual report and other materials;
- Sustain and expand social media reach through research and development of systems, as well as drafting and posting content;
- Gather photos for various materials produced including slide show presentations;
- Write letters to the editor during campaign media events;
- Assist the communications unit on a range of tasks from rapid response to breaking media, editing web content and general administrative tasks;
- If skills allow: assist in video production, video editing, photography, graphic design (including shareable graphics for the website and social media) and digitization.
- Participate in campaign and organizational building activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate accountability and progressive social change;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, professional demeanor and the ability to juggle several tasks while meeting deadlines;
- Experience with design is preferable (including InDesign, Photoshop, etc);
- Experience in writing for the media (letters to the editor, op-eds, press releases) a plus;
- Knowledge of HTML, CRM’s, Google Analytics and/or e-commerce a plus;
- Experience in a high-energy campaign or non-profit setting preferable.
Location: Boston, MA
Duration: Please see online application for current openings and internship dates.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship, however, $200 toward transportation will be provided and students may receive course credit for their internship.
Training: Classroom sessions and ongoing trainings will be provided by senior campaign staff.
Click here to apply. Attach your resume where prompted, and please include a cover letter and list of three references. Please let us know where you heard about the position. Applications without all of these materials will not be considered.
If you are having trouble uploading, please email your materials to Michaela Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corporate Accountability International is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive organization. People of color, women, and GLBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.